What are the advantages of owning a horse ranch?
You get live around the animals you love. If you’re lucky you get to breed animals that are better than the generation before. You can train and show those animals to confirm and assert your success in those areas.
You also get to work hard everyday mucking out stalls and pastures. Unless you’re wealthy enough to hire a lot of help, you’ll be loading and unloading 40–50 lb. bales of hay. If you live in cold/snow country you’ll need to go out to the pasture once or twice a day during the winter to take an ax or chainsaw to the ice on the water troughs.
Riding horses means lots of accoutrements. Saddles, bridles, blankets, pads, halters, leads, wraps, hoof pucks…you get the idea. And of course, there are regular vet bills. Having horses means hauling them to arenas, forest trails and vet clinics. That requires large heavy duty trucks and horse trailers.
An Arabian horse farm manager once quoted an old adage to me about the expense of owning a breeding/horse ranch. When asked,” How do you make a million dollars breeding horses?” He replied, “ Well, first you start out with $5 million…!”
Owning a horse ranch is fun and rewarding but it’s also expensive and a lot of dirty, hard work. But if you love your horses and enjoy riding, training them and just being around them every day there’s nothing better!!Read more at quora.com/What-are-the-advantages-of-owning-a-horse-ranch
- White horses are born white and stay white throughout their lives. White horses may have brown, blue, or hazel eyes.
- Young Albert enlists to serve in World War I after his beloved horse is sold to the cavalry. Albert's hopeful journey takes him out of England and [...]
- White horses have a special significance in the mythologies of cultures around the world. They are often associated with the sun chariot [...]
- In 1872, Col. Meriwether Lewis Clark, Jr. traveled to England, visiting Epsom in Surrey where The Derby had been running annually since 1780.
- Pegasus is a mythical winged divine horse, and one of the most recognized creatures in Greek mythology.
- The current Olympic equestrian disciplines are Dressage, Eventing, and Jumping. In each discipline, both individual and team medals are awarded.
- When you are looking to buy or sell property you are sure to have certain things in mind. This is a possibility especially if you have a specific need for it.
- If you are thinking of buying or selling horse property, register with a leading website that focuses on equine properties for sale.
- Unlike buying a home or a property, when it comes to buying an equestrian property to raise horses, the whole concept is something entirely different.
- You can sell equestrian real estate without much difficulty because there are unique websites that cater to buyers & sellers from around the world.
- There are several equestrian properties for sale but it is necessary to consider some basic points before you invest in a property.
- When you are planning your horse property for listing, do it through a popular and reliable website for equine real estate.
- Perhaps the most famous warhorse remains disputed; nonetheless, according to legend The TROJAN HORSE
- Horse racing in the United States dates back to 1665, which saw the establishment of the Newmarket course in Salisbury, New York.
- The American Quarter Horse, the official State Horse of Texas, is an American breed of horse that excels at sprinting short distances.
- Horse racing is a sport that translates well to board games. These are our picks for the best horse-racing board games.
- Between adhering to building codes and choosing the best equipment, there are many details to bear in mind when planning your dream stall barn.
- A movie ranch is a ranch that is at least partially dedicated for the creation and production of motion pictures and television productions.
- Everyone adores horses, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that there are tons of movies starring these beautiful creatures.
- Horses have captured the imagination and emotion of mankind for centuries – perhaps, in a way that no other species of animal ever has.
- Horse farms are often considered one of the most “green” businesses in agriculture. We don’t spread undue amounts of chemical fertilizer.
- Do you dream of owning your own stable, or perhaps just owning a place where you can keep your horses in the backyard?
- Anne Kusian, Arabian horse breeder and riding instructor are giving you a flavor of what are the advantages of owning a horse ranch.