What are the advantages of owning a horse ranch?
You get live around the animals you love. If you’re lucky you get to breed animals that are better than the generation before. You can train and show those animals to confirm and assert your success in those areas.
You also get to work hard everyday mucking out stalls and pastures. Unless you’re wealthy enough to hire a lot of help, you’ll be loading and unloading 40–50 lb. bales of hay. If you live in cold/snow country you’ll need to go out to the pasture once or twice a day during the winter to take an ax or chainsaw to the ice on the water troughs.
Riding horses means lots of accoutrements. Saddles, bridles, blankets, pads, halters, leads, wraps, hoof pucks…you get the idea. And of course, there are regular vet bills. Having horses means hauling them to arenas, forest trails and vet clinics. That requires large heavy duty trucks and horse trailers.
An Arabian horse farm manager once quoted an old adage to me about the expense of owning a breeding/horse ranch. When asked,” How do you make a million dollars breeding horses?” He replied, “ Well, first you start out with $5 million…!”
Owning a horse ranch is fun and rewarding but it’s also expensive and a lot of dirty, hard work. But if you love your horses and enjoy riding, training them and just being around them every day there’s nothing better!!Read more at quora.com/What-are-the-advantages-of-owning-a-horse-ranch
- Perhaps the most famous warhorse remains disputed; nonetheless, according to legend The TROJAN HORSE
- Horse racing in the United States dates back to 1665, which saw the establishment of the Newmarket course in Salisbury, New York.
- The American Quarter Horse, the official State Horse of Texas, is an American breed of horse that excels at sprinting short distances.
- Horse racing is a sport that translates well to board games. These are our picks for the best horse-racing board games.
- Between adhering to building codes and choosing the best equipment, there are many details to bear in mind when planning your dream stall barn.
- A movie ranch is a ranch that is at least partially dedicated for the creation and production of motion pictures and television productions.
- Everyone adores horses, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that there are tons of movies starring these beautiful creatures.
- Horses have captured the imagination and emotion of mankind for centuries – perhaps, in a way that no other species of animal ever has.
- Horse farms are often considered one of the most “green” businesses in agriculture. We don’t spread undue amounts of chemical fertilizer.
- Do you dream of owning your own stable, or perhaps just owning a place where you can keep your horses in the backyard?
- Anne Kusian, Arabian horse breeder and riding instructor are giving you a flavor of what are the advantages of owning a horse ranch.