Points to Think About When Buying Horse Properties in South Carolina
Unlike buying a home or a property, when it comes to buying an equestrian property to raise horses, the whole concept is something entirely different, especially in South Carolina in the United States of America. Here horse properties are available from a small 2–1/2 acre farm to one with hundreds of acres. Along with the land and the house, there are also numerous other additions that come with the property i.e., horse stalls, barns, tack rooms, grooms quarters, food storage, equipment rooms, workshops, etc.
The best avenue open to a prospective client wishing to buy a horse property in South Carolina would be to use the services of an agency that deals with buyers and sellers of equine properties in South Carolina as well as other cities in the USA. Depending on the different horse property companies in the USA and the number of branches and staff, they will be able to short list properties based on individual requirements and budgets. They also have the capability to list equine properties along with photos and descriptions of the properties for sellers and buyers on their comprehensive online website, which would give prospective clients an idea of what to expect. Prices of properties range from US$ 15,000 per acre upwards; prices depend on the kind of property available, what it includes, facilities, and how big they are.
For horse lovers who have just one or two horses, the cost of looking after, caring, and boarding the animals could become very expensive and varies from stable to stable. The proximity of the location of the property to the town or city plays a big part. The cost of horse stables rentals goes up higher for stables situated closer to the city while those situated in the countryside are relatively cheaper. Besides location, there are other factors which govern the charges for looking after horses in these stables. These include the different facilities provided for the horses; like having well-equipped barns and stalls, riding arenas, water and food dispensers, wash racks, riding trails and grooming services. In these cases, the services of a veterinarian is extra, and the more services requested, the cost of boarding the horse goes up.
Added Value Services
For owners who would like to take care of the horse themselves, horse stables rentals will be much less, as it will only include the boarding fees and fencing, but the full responsibility of taking care of the horse rests on the owners. In this case, the owners have to arrange for food, cleaning of the stalls, and veterinarian checks; water is usually covered in the rental charges. For those who can afford full board, the cost covers feed, water, cleaning of stalls, exercising, and protected suitably from adverse weather conditions. Veterinarian and farrier visits are arranged by the stable owners. Based on services, prices to stable a horse could run up to US$1000 a month, but checking around with other stable owners in the area would be worthwhile.Read more at medium.com/horse-properties-international/points-to-think-about-when-buying-horse-properties-in-south-carolina-2f299ebc79d6.
- If you are thinking of buying or selling horse property, register with a leading website that focuses on equine properties for sale.
- Unlike buying a home or a property, when it comes to buying an equestrian property to raise horses, the whole concept is something entirely different.
- You can sell equestrian real estate without much difficulty because there are unique websites that cater to buyers & sellers from around the world.
- There are several equestrian properties for sale but it is necessary to consider some basic points before you invest in a property.
- When you are planning your horse property for listing, do it through a popular and reliable website for equine real estate.
- Perhaps the most famous warhorse remains disputed; nonetheless, according to legend The TROJAN HORSE
- Horse racing in the United States dates back to 1665, which saw the establishment of the Newmarket course in Salisbury, New York.
- The American Quarter Horse, the official State Horse of Texas, is an American breed of horse that excels at sprinting short distances.
- Horse racing is a sport that translates well to board games. These are our picks for the best horse-racing board games.
- Between adhering to building codes and choosing the best equipment, there are many details to bear in mind when planning your dream stall barn.
- A movie ranch is a ranch that is at least partially dedicated for the creation and production of motion pictures and television productions.
- Everyone adores horses, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that there are tons of movies starring these beautiful creatures.
- Horses have captured the imagination and emotion of mankind for centuries – perhaps, in a way that no other species of animal ever has.
- Horse farms are often considered one of the most “green” businesses in agriculture. We don’t spread undue amounts of chemical fertilizer.
- Do you dream of owning your own stable, or perhaps just owning a place where you can keep your horses in the backyard?
- Anne Kusian, Arabian horse breeder and riding instructor are giving you a flavor of what are the advantages of owning a horse ranch.