Turn Key Horse property on 80 acres with active business ready for new owner
6135 Baseline Rd
Kirkland, IL 60146
- Price: 1,190,000 USD Property Area: 80.00 Acres
- Property Type: Home with existing horse facilities Property Use: Hunter Jumper, Dressage, Reining Horses, Riding School, Western Riding, English Riding, Trail Riding, Gaited Horses, All Around, Breeding Facility, Therapeutic Riding School
- Barn Type: Center Aisle Number of Stalls: 50+
- Paddocks: Yes Turn Outs: Yes
- Grass Pasture: Yes Riding Arena: Yes
- Arena Type: Indoor, Outdoor Riding Arena Current Use: Jumping, Regulation Dressage, Beginner Lessons, Trail, General/All Purpose
- Round Pen: Yes Euro. Hot Walker: No
- Wash Rack: Yes Tack Room: Yes
- Hay Barn: Yes Grooms Quarters: No
- Other Livestock Zoning: Cattle, Goats, Bees, Chickens, Sheep, Undomesticated Animals, Pigs, Feed Lot, Pigeons Other Zoning: Boarding or Breeding, Agriculture, Public Stable, Farming, Feed Lot, Events
- Special Amenities: Handicap Access, in view room Utility Type: Well, Propane
- Bedrooms: 3 Bathrooms: 1.50
- Age: 1914 House Area: 1,568 Sq. Ft.
- For Sale By: Owner Architectural Style: two story updated farm house
Turn key Equestrian facility on 80 acres with 1,568 SF, 3 bed, 1.5 bath home in northern DeKalb County. This quality facility has all the amenities for a horse professional and/or horse breeder. Designed with horses' comfort and health as top priority this facility has generated consistent positive cash flow. Engineered with labor efficiency in mind this design has excellent drainage throughout the property and has won a conservation award from the State of Illinois. This property has a large parking area for easy trailer turn around and ample parking.
The barns are solar warmed in the winter and prof designed fan cooled in summer. Matted throughout with stable comfort mats in all stalls. The facility has Instant income producing possibilities with quality boarders and students that would like to continue on with the new owner.
The well kept home is a 1,568 SF two story farmhouse with 3 bedrooms, office, 1.5 bathrooms and a sunroom. The home has had a new roof, furnace, and A/C in the past 10 years. Tankless water heater. 50 mb internet speed.
55.5 acres in hay production. Ride the relaxing scenic trail riding path around the property with small woods and bordered by wild flowers.
Horse Facility Features
2 Coverall Barns 40 x 180 each and currently set up with 50 ( two foaling stalls) draft horse strong free standing Hi Quail stalls with feed doors and stall doors ( with drop down grates), easy to convert to a 55 stalls. Coverall Stall barns are warmer in winter-- cooler in summer, allows for natural lighting which greatly reduce electricity consumption, the barns have auto temp controlled cooling fans, with ceiling and air quality exhaust fans, side roll up vents. All stalls have Automatic waterers, Stable Comfort stall mats, and barns have fully matted alleys. 5 tack rooms with lockers and one large school tack room, storage and utility rooms. This property includes a 250 x 150 all weather footing outdoor arena, Relaxing scenic trail riding path around the property with small woods and north bordered by wild flowers. Coverall 72 x 210 indoor arena (72 x 180 riding area) - Fan cooled in summer, solar warmed in winter with 24 x 48 free standing viewing room building with air conditioning, in floor heat, large viewing area with kitchenette, shower, Handicap bathroom, wash/dry hook up, Storage/Breeding Lab area. Outside cement wash rack with warm and cold water. The facility has 14, fenced pastures or dry lots, (some can be combined), most with Mirafount automatic waterers, and shelters. 5 lots have "no mud" platforms for hay feeders, 6 lots set up to potentially add large pastures to the west (area is currently hay field) 55.5 acres are in dense stand of mixed grass hay production, part can be used as pasture or continue to use all to produce excellent quality hay. 55 x 60 and 55 x 120 hay barns holds up to 2,200 2 x 3 x 6 hay bales. The smaller hay barn can also be used as cover for a round pen. The loafing/ storage shed measures 76 x 118 and west end has 3 run ins with attached lots. Metal sided wood barn measuring 56 x 60 is used as machine shop with a, climate controlled fodder room, storage, and has LP furnace. The fodder room once fully set up has ability to produces enough green feed for about 40 horses year round replacing up to 50 percent of hay needed per horse. The 54 x 75 Morton shed has electric as well as 27' wide by 14.5' tall doors for machine storage