Castle in Germany SOLD By Horse Properties International
Saale-Orla-Kreis, Thuringia 07806
- Price: 890,000 EUR Property Area: 46.00 Acres
- Property Type: Home with existing horse facilities Property Use: Hunter Jumper, Riding School, English Riding, Breeding Facility
- Barn Type: Breezeway Number of Stalls: 20+
- Paddocks: Yes Turn Outs: Yes
- Grass Pasture: Yes Riding Arena: Yes
- Arena Type: Outdoor Riding Arena Current Use: Jumping, Beginner Lessons
- Round Pen: Yes Euro. Hot Walker: Yes
- Wash Rack: Yes Tack Room: Yes
- Hay Barn: Yes Grooms Quarters: Yes
- Other Livestock Zoning: Cattle, Chickens Other Zoning: Boarding or Breeding, Agriculture, Farming
- Special Amenities: Guest Quarters Utility Type: Electric, Propane
- Bedrooms: 6 Bathrooms: 3.00
- Age: 9 House Area: 0 Sq. Ft.
- For Sale By: Owner Architectural Style: Castle
Historic German Castle with view over mote, including 18 ha of surrounding land. Also includes 4 times electro tape all around the property. Exterior renovations completed in 2016.
This unique property is a rarity, not to be missed!
Priced in Euros**
Rare opportunity to aquire a castle dating back in part to the 9th Century. The castle has been almost fully renovated with central heating having been added as well as top spec double glazing. Only a few renovations need to be finished. The buildings are arranged around a central courtyard with a pidgeon turret in the centre. The thick walls of the castle offer fabulous insulation keeping the inside cool in summer as well as warm in the winter The stable blocks are comprised of internal stabling for 30 horses in large airy loose boxes. In addition there are two large barns to house youngstock, one comfortably holds about 12 and the other about 6 foals. All in all the property will easily house up to 50 horses.
The land surrounds the castle on all sides. The land extends to about 18.6 hectares (about 46 acres) and features 3 ponds, one of which is a fishing pond with giant catfish. The equestrian facilities include a full size sand school (20 x 40 m) and a round pen of 15 meter diameter. Indoor construction allowed. Reluctant Sale of a much loved property that has been extensively and lovingly renovated in recent years purely because we want to slowly retire.
The accomodation currently comprises of 6 bedrooms, Kitchen, Dining room, living room with huge tiled stove of Meissen porcelain, study, 3 bathrooms and various rooms which are currently not used and could easily be adapted to whatever use the new owner needs. The property would be ideal as a stud farm, or an animal hospital, a trecking centre (fabulous off road hacking and set in a beautiful historic landscape) or as a representative family base.