27411 N 160th St
Scottsdale, Arizona 85262
- Price: 4,750,000 USD Property Area: 30.00 Acres
- Property Type: Home with existing horse facilities Property Use: Reining Horses, Riding School, Western Riding, Cattle Ranch
- Barn Type: - Number of Stalls: 20+
- Paddocks: Yes Turn Outs: -
- Grass Pasture: - Riding Arena: Yes
- Arena Type: Outdoor Riding Arena Current Use: Cutting, Reining, General/All Purpose
- Round Pen: Yes Euro. Hot Walker: Yes
- Wash Rack: Yes Tack Room: Yes
- Hay Barn: Yes Grooms Quarters: Yes
- Other Livestock Zoning: Cattle Other Zoning: Farming
- Special Amenities: Pool, Guest Quarters Utility Type: Electric, Well, Forced Air, Central Ai
- Bedrooms: 2 Bathrooms: 3.00
- Age: 1999 House Area: 3,974 Sq. Ft.
- For Sale By: Realtor Architectural Style: ranch style
Owned and developed by the iconic, Al Dunning, a 45 time World and Reserve champion trainer, Almosta Ranch consists of nearly 30 acres in three tax parcels with room to expand. The property boasts four barns with 42 stalls and amenities as well as multiple arenas and working pens, panel walker, hay barn, pastures, well and storage tanks. In addition to the beautiful spacious main home with three bedrooms and three-car garage there are four other homes for employees and guests. The professional grade equestrian facilities lie on less than half the land allowing for expansion or the ability to sell off the vacant lands. This property has what it takes to make champions, and has a proven track record for success.
With his meticulous eye for what it takes to build a world-class facility, Al Dunning created what is now recognized to be one of the premier ranch layouts for training the western horse and working cattle. This property is centered by the main show barn, which in part includes 15 stalls, tack rooms, saddling areas, and the ranch offices. The mare barn has 20 enclosed stalls, while the stud barn has four stalls. The stud barn and mare barn can be found on either side of the main barn, with four additional Priefert stalls and two pipe stalls bringing the total number of stalls to 45. There is a 130 ’x 110’ lighted cutting arena, a 60’ round pen, a 160’ round cutting arena, a six horse Priefert panel walker, a 150’ x 300’ reining and roping arena. Also there are three large turnout pastures and ten acres of fenced cow pen and all together complete the outstanding working layout structured for superior function and convenience.
The owner’s 3,974 square foot ranch style home consists of three bedrooms and two and one-half bathrooms. There are four fireplaces with red brick fascia in the great room, office, kitchen and the master bedroom. The great room has 12 foot vaulted ceilings with wood beams and two sets of French doors. Kitchen has Corian countertops with a large farm sink, butcher block island with a small prep sink, long breakfast bar, gas cooktop and a wall oven. Wrap around covered porch at the back of the house looking out at the mountains. There is an in-ground swimming pool fenced in by a metal fence.
Four modular residences were also added to accommodate the support staff and each residence with its own sense of rustic ambiance.
Overlooking the Rio Verde Valley and the Four Peaks mountain range, Almosta Ranch is the center of what has now become a dynamic horse community. The ranch capitalizes the serenity of the Rio Verde Foothills and utilizes the backdrop of the Four Peaks Mountain Range. Each significant structure on the ranch has been uniquely positioned to take advantage of the natural landscape and desert vistas.
Listing Broker Travis Bard with Keller Williams Northern Arizona.