Cleobury Mortimer, Shropshire DY14 0LJ
- Price: 945,000 GBP Property Area: 8.30 Acres
- Property Type: Home with existing horse facilities Property Use: Hunter Jumper
- Special Amenities: Manege Stabling Paddock / Land Tack Room Barn Outbuildings Horsebox Parking Ancillary Accommodation Large entrance hall, Sitting room/study, Drawing room, Dining/garden room, Kitchen/breakfast room. Utility/boot room/back hall, Cloakroom, Larder, Dairy, Cellar. Master bedroom suite & dressing room, four further bedrooms, Family bathroom. Enclosed well maintained mature garden.Indoor swimming pool with changing room, shower and mezzanine seating area. L-shaped range of Stone Barns (scope for alt use – Hol. lets, B & B, res. conversion – sub to PP) 7 Stables, 3 pony boxes, feed room, tack room, large tie-up & wash barn. Potential for first floor flat/grooms’ accommodation. Dutch Barn, Office, Potting Shed. 8.3 acres. A further 6.7 acres available by sep.negotiati Utility Type: Well, Mains water and electricity; private drainage to septic tank; oil fired central heating; Bottled gas for 2nd cooker. Fibre optic broadband is available to the office (not connected). Solar panel
- Bedrooms: 5 Bathrooms: 2.00
- Age: 18 House Area: 0 Sq. Ft.
- For Sale By: Realtor Architectural Style: Farmhouse
Impressive equestrian property in a glorious setting located within the Shropshire/Worcestershire borders; superb range of barns (scope for alt.uses) & 8.3 acres (further 6.7 acres by sep.neg.).
Catherton Farmhouse is Grade II listed and is believed to date from 18th Century with later extensions and boasts a host of period features including exposed wall and ceiling timbers, fireplaces and feature stone walls. The current owners have greatly enhanced the house over nearly 25 years to create a truly delightful home offering extremely flexible accommodation arranged over two floors.
The reception rooms are located off the large entrance hall which boasts a quarry tiled floor and feature fireplace housing a woodburning stove. The sitting room/study currently overlooks the front garden and neighbouring countryside, whilst the drawing room has dual aspect windows flooding the room with natural light. The delightful country kitchen/breakfast room is triple aspect, with a good variety of fitted storage units, a four oven Aga along with a back-up gas cooker. There is an adjacent utility, boot room and a cloakroom.
The well-proportioned dining/garden room has a vaulted ceiling, a Clearview woodburning stove and French doors opening to the enclosed rear garden with paved patio, terrace and access to the indoor swimming pool.
On the first floor, the master bedroom suite includes a dressing room with fitted wardrobes and storage, together with an ensuite bathroom with a separate shower. There are four further bedrooms and a family bathroom.
Catherton Farmhouse is an attractive family home which has been tastefully and neutrally decorated throughout. There is planning permission for an extension to the house should additional space be required.
The house is approached off a quiet country road through an entrance off a sweeping driveway enclosed by a stone wall and bordered with a variety of flowering and herbaceous beds. To the rear of the property is an enclosed garden with lawn, paved patio and separate paved terrace in front of the pool house. There is also
a tranquil raised deck area under a climber covered pergola; the seating area is perfectly placed to enjoy far-reaching countryside views.
Outbuildings & Equestrian Facilities
Located to the side and behind Catherton Farmhouse, with access through a separate gated entrance, are the stables and yard. There are seven stables (with an access at the rear to the manège) and a feed room together
with three pony stables, located in a separate single storey stone barn, with a potting shed/store.
A large stone barn with full height doors provides a covered tie-up and wash down area for horses, a secure tack room and potential for a flat/grooms’ accommodation at first floor level. Located to the side of the manège is an
enclosed 4-bay Dutch barn along with side lean-tos, the barn houses 2 further stables and offers scope for more.
The manège is floodlit and measures approx. 36m x 20m with a silica sand and fibre granule surface.
There is a separate log cabin office alongside the manège.
The land lies to the north of the house and benefits from its own vehicular access. It amounts to about 8.3 acres comprising wellfenced paddocks and a well-stocked coarse fishing lake.
The vendors have erected a range of equestrian cross-country jumps around the paddocks.
NB – there is an additional 6.7 acre paddock of south facing grassland located opposite the house that is available to be purchased by separate negotiation.
Services: Mains water and electricity; private drainage to septic tank; oil fired central heating; Bottled gas for 2nd cooker. Fibre optic broadband is available to the office (not connected). Solar panels.
Local authority: Shropshire Council: 01345 678 9000. Council tax: Band F.
Fixtures and fittings: Only those items known as fixtures and fittings will be included in the sale. Certain items such as garden ornaments, carpets and curtains may be available by separate negotiation.
Wayleaves, rights of way and easements: The property will be sold subject to and with the benefit of all wayleaves, easements and rights of way, whether mentioned in these particulars or not.
Agents’ note: 1) Planning permission to extend the house was granted in 1999 Reference: SS/1/99/10611/LD.
2) A neighbour enjoys a right of access over part of the track to Lot 2.
Viewing strictly by the agents
Viewing: Strictly by appointment with Jackson Equestrian 01743 491979