Blue Ridge Farm
222 Cross Country Lane
Southern Pines, NC 28387
- Price: 3,675,000 USD Property Area: 30.47 Acres
- Property Type: Home with existing horse facilities Property Use: Hobby Farm, Hunter Jumper, Dressage, Reining Horses, Western Riding, English Riding, 3-Day Event, Retired Horses, Trail Riding, Gaited Horses, Horse and Buggy, All Around, Breeding Facility
- Special Amenities: Guest Quarters Utility Type: Electric, Well
- Bedrooms: 2 Bathrooms: 3.00
- Age: 1966 House Area: 2,886 Sq. Ft.
- For Sale By: Realtor Architectural Style: Huntbox
Blue Ridge Farm....historic farm in the heart of Southern Pines Horse Country. The classic hunt box style home was custom designed by John Foster Faulk, a prominent architect in Pinehurst in the 1960's. Over the years the current owners have worked with Carl Kessler, licensed in historical renovations, to ensure the historical integrity of the home & finishes. Situated atop a hill, the home & barn offer stunning views of paddocks, pond and riding field. Inside you will find architectural features such as solid 'wormy chestnut' doors, beams, paneling, and trim work throughout the living space, wood and herringbone brick floors, and an expansive brick fireplace. The 5000 sqft unfinished loft space houses the laundry room and multiple storage rooms with ample room to expand the main residence. The Downstairs you will find a 12 stall barn with 1 BR/1BA apartment or groom's quarters. There are double wash stalls, lovely tack and feed rooms, an interior treatment room, laundry facilities, separate office,and ample storage. The stalls are all rubber matted and oversized at 14x14 with custom grills & doors. The auxiliary barn, used by previous owners as the mare and foaling barn, offers 3 stalls two of which flank a viewing room w/ bathroom for foal watching, a workshop, and trailer/equipment storage. At just under 30.5 acres, there are 9 paddocks, multiple run in sheds and a large field for jumping and riding. The 'Walkerboy Eurociser' is an excellent addition to any training program! A full list of special features and a historical overview of the farm are available by request from owners. The detail and architectural features of this property are unmatched and would simply be impossible to recreate or build in today's world. This is truly a once in a lifetime property!