Cedar Grove Farm
646 Peacham Groton Road
Peacham, VT 05862
- Price: 1,595,000 USD Property Area: 132.00 Acres
- Property Type: Home with existing horse facilities Property Use: Hobby Farm, Hunter Jumper, Dressage, Cutting, Reining Horses, Riding School, Western Riding, English Riding, Retired Horses, Horse Rescue, Trail Riding, Gaited Horses, Breeding Facility, Therapeutic Riding School, Cattle Ranch
- Special Amenities: - Utility Type: Electric, Well, Propane, on demand generator, Two dug wells, one for pastures and barn , one for ho
- Bedrooms: 4 Bathrooms: 3.00
- Age: 1860 House Area: 3,355 Sq. Ft.
- For Sale By: Realtor Architectural Style: Farmhouse/ exrtended Cape
The sweet scent of fresh cut hay drifts across the fields of this 132 acre estate. Welcome to Cedar Grove Farm, defined by miles of crisp white fencing, level rolling lands of pasture and woodlands. A vintage sugar shack and is hidden in the back woods among tended trails cut along the maples, evergreens and tall cedars. The farmhouse, circa 1800s, has wide plank wood floors, exposed beams and big open living spaces. A floor to ceiling stone fireplace is the centerpiece of the great room, framed by windows that offer views of the backyard gardens overflowing with perennials that color the landscape three seasons of the year. French doors off the first floor primary bedroom open to the very same view, take your morning coffee on the back terrace surrounded by an English garden wonderland! Every one of the four bedrooms in this home is en suite. There are 11 fenced pastures, 3 large barns and four 12x12 horse stalls. Thirty two acres of hay fields yield at least two cuts a year. The flower gardens are accessorized with fruit trees, berry bushes and there is a very well tended vegetable garden. The pond is deep and cool, welcoming swimmers, kayakers and is home to rainbow trout. Peacham is in Vermont's storied Northeast Kingdom, proximate to St Johnsbury, local hospitals and top notch recreation. Peacham offers choice for grades 7-12. Virtual tour available.