976 Acre Equestrian Estate with large home and equestrian amenities
12001 Layfield Road
Upatoi , Georgia 31829
- Price: 4,490,000 USD Property Area: 975.00 Acres
- Property Type: Home with existing horse facilities Property Use: Hobby Farm, Hunter Jumper, Dressage, Cutting, Polo, Reining Horses, Riding School, Community, English Riding, 3-Day Event, Retired Horses, Horse Rescue, Trail Riding, Gaited Horses, Horse and Buggy, All Around, Breeding Facility, Therapeutic Riding School, Dude Ranch
- Special Amenities: Pool, Guest Quarters, Barn apartment and Garage Apartme Utility Type: Electric, Well, Whole house generator includ
- Bedrooms: 5 Bathrooms: 5.00
- Age: 24 House Area: 6,308 Sq. Ft.
- For Sale By: Realtor Architectural Style: Victorian
PRICE REDUCED!! MOTIVATED SELLER!!! This beautiful and sprawling equestrian estate, Southern Comfort Farm, is situated on 975 acres just 1.5 hours south of Atlanta. This property has so much to offer. The main home, built in 1997, boasts beautiful hardwood floors, large open kitchen, formal dining room, formal sitting room with fireplace, living room with fireplace, piano room, sun room, office, breakfast area, billiard room and a laundry room on each floor. Take the elevator upstairs where there are 4 large bedrooms, each with their own private en suite bathroom including the the master bedroom which also has a fireplace and large sitting area attached overlooking the pecan grove below. Outside you will find ample porches to sit and enjoy nature and privacy, or enjoy the large saltwater pool and koi pond in the large fenced back yard. 3 car garage with a 1 bed/1 bath apartment above is perfect for on site help to live. Walk thru the pecan grove with cross country jumps to the 6 stall show barn, equipped with everything a serious equestrian may need. 2 bedroom/2.5 bath apartment is also attached. Beyond the 10+ acre stocked lake is a 200x250 lighted show jumping arena, and a standard length dressage arena, additional 7 stall barn with fenced paddocks, and a large equipment barn that could be converted to more stalls. The property itself has several large fenced pastures, miles of trails through woods and creeks, and plenty of hunting land. This is truly a must see for the serious outdoorsman! Seller will consider dividing into halves or thirds.