The Historic Galloway Ranch - Western Colorado Horse Property
9762 X Road
Bedrock, COLORADO 81411
- Price: 1,500,000 USD Property Area: 157.00 Acres
- Property Type: - Property Use: Hunter Jumper, Dressage, Cutting, Polo, Reining Horses, Riding School, Community, Western Riding, English Riding, Retired Horses, Horse Rescue, Trail Riding, Gaited Horses, All Around, Breeding Facility, Therapeutic Riding School, Cattle Ranch
- Special Amenities: Equipment Barns, Covered Hay Barn, Tack Shed, Loafing Sheds, Paddocks, Outdoor Arena, Side Rolls, Irrigation, Water Rights, High Tensile Pasture Fence, Livestock Scal Utility Type: Gas, Well, Propane, Solar, Three Phase Electrical Availab
- Bedrooms: 2 Bathrooms: 3.00
- Age: 15 House Area: 2,400 Sq. Ft.
- For Sale By: - Architectural Style: Ranch
“During the summer of 1889, a lone gunman rode into the Paradox Valley. He was heavily armed and gave the impression of being a professional with the assortment of irons he carried. He made his way straight to the headquarters ranch of the rich and powerful Galloway Land and Cattle Company”. Today the historic ranch consists of unimaginable views of the La Sal, San Miguel and Uncompahgre mountain ranges on 157+/- Acres of fertile usable land with 2.3 CFS from Dolores River and 372 deeded shares of the Paradox reservoir with 2 wells and additional shares in Nafus Ditch for all your growing needs.
Cool, calm, and sophisticated with a youthful edge, this functional home is enveloped in light and comfort. Enjoy 2,400 Sq. Ft., 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths, with central air, high-end finishes, top of the line kitchen appliances, a hot tub, and ¾ wrap around deck create a style as timeless and impressive as the year-round views!
As with any utilitarian property, there’s more; a two-bedroom, one-bath 1,475 Sq. Ft. bunkhouse, fenced arena, three paddocks, covered hay barn, two- 2 stall loafing sheds, two equipment buildings, onsite fuel tanks, tack shed, high tensile pasture fence, off-grid owned solar system, and three-phase electrical at the road.
This stunning historical property is just one hour from Moab, Utah, a popular tourist destination and the local area offers tremendous hiking trails, petroglyph viewing, scenic overlooks, and more.