SOLD Friendly Hills Historic Home on 17 acres
80 Country Club Road
Tryon, North Carolina 28782
- Price: 975,000 USD Property Area: 17.00 Acres
- Property Type: Home in a community with shared or club facilities Property Use: -
- Special Amenities: Pool, Guest Quarters Utility Type: Electric
- Bedrooms: 5 Bathrooms: 6.00
- Age: 1924 House Area: 4,553 Sq. Ft.
- For Sale By: Auction Architectural Style: Tudor Revival
Historic Friendly Hills
17± Acres in foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains
Selling at or above $975k. Recently Listed at $2.475M.
Online bidding begins October 21st and concludes October 29th at 1 p.m. (ET)
80 Country Club Road, Tryon, NC 28782
"Friendly Hills", a 1924 English Tudor-style home with 17+ manicured acres enveloped by the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. This estate home, registered with NC Historic Preservation, was once owned by the renowned author, Margaret Culkin Banning. The log cabin that helped inspire her writings is still a part of this beautifully unique property. The moment you enter the foyer, this home will draw you into its one of a kind interior. The historic flavor of the wood floors, beamed 20' ceilings and rock fireplace with a mantle made by the famous "Tryon Toymakers" exudes old world style. The home features amazing rockwork inside and out, from walkways to columns. Its amenities include a saltwater pool, a 3BR/2BA guest house and a large two-level shop that could be converted to another guest quarters. This private, knoll-top estate property is situated only 1.5 miles from downtown Tryon.