Exceptional Equestrian Estate
1750 Barlow Lane
Sebastopol, CA 95472
- Price: 3,995,000 USD Property Area: 10.70 Acres
- Property Type: Home with existing horse facilities Property Use: Dressage, Riding School, English Riding, All Around, Therapeutic Riding School
- Special Amenities: - Utility Type: Electric, Gas, Well, Propane
- Bedrooms: 5 Bathrooms: 6.00
- Age: 1992 House Area: 4,400 Sq. Ft.
- For Sale By: Realtor Architectural Style: French Country
You’ve found the sweet spot in the world of horse properties here. At the intersection of stylish, expansive accommodation for you, and top notch equestrian amenities for your horses- nirvana in Sebastopol!
Starting with the highly desirable west Sebastopol location, which enjoys both copious sunshine and a cooling evening breeze, this prime property enjoys the very best of geographic positioning. 15 minutes from Santa Rosa, 20 minutes from the ocean, and one hour from the Golden Gate Bridge. From the moment you drive through the gated entry, along the tree lined drive, past the pastures to the fountain and on to the lovely front door, you’ll be smitten.
Stunning, French country style home, is ‘almost a chateau’ with it’s comfortable approachability and brilliant floor plan. This 4400 +/- square foot home defines spaciousness as well as elegance.
• 5 over-sized, en-suite bedrooms, one of which is on the main level
• Huge country kitchen with farmhouse sink, commercial Wolf range, custom country cabinetry, wet bar and butcher block island - a friendly space where everyone congregates
• Sweeping curved staircase leads to a galleried landing, perfect for showcasing your art
• 12’ ceilings and picture book windows offer natural light throughout
• Radiant heating under slate floors with hardwood upstairs for comfort
• Rich, mahogany paneled den/library with fireplace and recessed lighting - the perfect place for restful retreat on a quiet night.
• Master suite includes a large sitting area, jetted tub, double shower and sauna for peaceful relaxation
• Formal dining, oversized laundry and all the amenities you’d expect in a grand home
• Large balustraded patio overlooks a water-efficient garden and paths which lead to the barn...
For Your Horses-
Thoughtfully laid out, the equestrian amenities are both beautiful and highly functional- totally custom built
• Over 10 acres of level to gently rolling ground, mainly grassy pasture
• Fenced and cross fenced for horses with field shelters in both large pastures
• Oversized covered arena (74’x 229’) with an expandable row of 6 stalls, all with attached runs, opening to paddocks
• Pristine tack, office, hay & feed room, with covered trailer parking
• Hot water wash rack and grooming station
• Outdoor round pen for schooling
• Second home (840 sq ft Granny Unit) with 2 bedrooms, 2 baths
• 640 sq ft worker housing
• Apple orchard, plus guava and olive trees, raspberries, 2 table grape vines
• Abundant water from your private well
• Three legal access points for private entries
• Perimeter fencing around entire property
Of course, if you live a life without horses, there are a myriad of other uses you might make of these buildings: A place to display your car collection? Small vineyard,? Perhaps a wedding venue? Home business? When you own an estate like this, you’ll wake up with fresh ideas every morning!