Gidsville Country Retreat
1048 Gidsville Rd
Amherst, VA 24521
- Price: 599,000 USD Property Area: 29.93 Acres
- Property Type: Home with existing horse facilities Property Use: Hobby Farm, Dressage, Riding School, Western Riding, Horse Rescue, Gaited Horses, All Around, Therapeutic Riding School
- Special Amenities: Pool, Over-sized gazebo, wrap-around porch, large back deck, area above garage and basement that could be finished for grooms quarters/in-law suite, gorgeous mountain views, year-round creek, fully fenc Utility Type: Electric, Well, Private Sept
- Bedrooms: 4 Bathrooms: 3.50
- Age: 1991 House Area: 5,045 Sq. Ft.
- For Sale By: Realtor Architectural Style: Victorian
Enjoy stunning mountain views as you wind down the private lane to this custom built country estate. Sitting on 29 +/- acres, this 5,000 +/- sqft Victorian-styled home evokes simple times while providing every amenity for modern living. Greet guests in the grand foyer & enjoy visiting in the formal living room or outside on the wrap-around front porch with views of Piney Mtn. The large family room opens to a sunny back deck & connects to the open kitchen with granite countertops & SS appliances. Abundant natural light floods the sunroom to brighten the kitchen & breakfast area. This wing of the home feature separate laundry room, half bath, & large office with porch access. Cross the covered breezeway to a large bonus room perfect for a workout space, future in-law suite, or storage.
Entry level master has sunny sitting area, deck access, 2 WICs, and large master bath with soaking tub. Upstairs you'll find a second master bedroom with WIC and spacious bath, two bedrooms with WICs, ample hall bath, and a cheery sitting area with beautiful countryside views. Hardwood floors and custom-made doors and woodwork are throughout the home. Host family game nights in the basement rec room or tinker in the well-lit workshop with built-in shelves and separate entry.
The outdoor amenities of this estate will amaze with a private in-ground pool and patio area, oversized gazebo surrounded by heirloom lilacs, and a fully fenced and beautifully landscaped large, level lawn. An open bay barn with shed addition compliments garage for even more equipment storage. The entire property is fenced and ready for horses or cattle with a year-round spring and creek, and lush, gently rolling pastures.
Convenient to innumerable outdoor recreation opportunities for hiking, biking, hunting, fishing, boating and horseback riding, this is the perfect farm to establish a B&B, host events, bring your horses, or invite extended family and friends.
Contact agent for link to this property's custom website where you can find interior photos, floor plans, detailed information, virtual tour, and video.