Gilbert Mountain Hideaway - Ridgway Colorado
2901 County 17 Road
Ridgway , CO 81427
- Price: 1,887,000 USD Property Area: 117.00 Acres
- Property Type: - Property Use: Hobby Farm, Hunter Jumper, Dressage, Cutting, Polo, Reining Horses, Riding School, Western Riding, English Riding, Retired Horses, Horse Rescue, Trail Riding, Gaited Horses, All Around, Cattle Ranch
- Special Amenities: - Utility Type: Electric, Well, Propane
- Bedrooms: 5 Bathrooms: 5.00
- Age: 1961 House Area: 4,617 Sq. Ft.
- For Sale By: Realtor Architectural Style: Remodel Addtional Circa 1980 with expansive Great Room
One of Ouray County's Icons, Gilbert Mountain Hide-Away of 117 Acres sits above it all, overlooking the Ouray Box Canyon with several meadowed benches and old growth aspens. The Property joins up to BLM lands, adjoining National Forest. Historic lands, with abundant Decreed water rights and springs. An access drive off of Cty Rd 17 at the Big Ponderosa Tree brings you through dark timber forest past a picturesque pond, to this amazing homesite. Currently a substantial log lodge stands on the bluff. A visit to this home will bring you back in time to the Black Forest of Germany, and the Old West.